The ASEAN Plus Three Emergency Rice Reserve (APTERR) Secretariat invites
ASEAN Plus Three nationals to apply for
GENERAL MANAGER OF THE APTERR SECRETARIAT
- Provide assistance to the APTERR Council and carry out the day-to-day management and operations of the APTERR Secretariat to carry into effect the provision of the APTERR Agreement;
- Liaise/coordinate with APTERR member countries/international organisations to oversee implementation of all activities directly related to and in support of the APTERR programmes;
- Ensure the APTERR’s operations are in line with the APTERR’s objective and the resolution of the APTERR Council;
- Periodically report the APTERR operations and vital issues to the APTERR Council for decision, and other matters that require decision/authorisation;
- Implement annual financial and work plans adopted by the APTERR Council and draw up the funding requirements in support to the APTERR programmes and related activities and recommend to the APTERR Council a schedule of priorities in the use of fund;
- Introduce more efficient, regular, adequate, suitable and economical means of implementing the APTERR programmes for purposes of reducing operational cost;
- Supervise and oversee the functions on the Food Emergency Monitoring and Information (FEMI), the implementation of the APTERR stocks and other relevant activities;
- Maintain a system for regularly obtaining information on current and future rice production and current trade situation and outlook, and submit report to the APTERR member countries on a quarterly basis;
- Assist, facilitate, and provide technical support to APTERR member countries in preparation and execution of the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) and the Purchase Agreement (PA);
- Provide the technical background and information to the APTERR Council relative to the execution of the MOA and PA;
- Perform such other functions as may be necessary to carry into effect the provisions of the APTERR Agreement.
- Nationals of ASEAN Plus Three countries;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Economics, Agricultural Economics or in related fields, a postgraduate degree is preferable;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Leadership management and strategic thinking;
- Human resource and financial management;
- IT literacy
Experience and Knowledge
- At least 10 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems and establishing inter-relationships among international organisation and national governments. Experience with an agricultural sector and/or experience of working in an international organisation, particularly in ASEAN Plus Three cooperation, with proven record will be an asset;
- Substantial knowledge in the application of policies and procedures, rules and regulations of intergovernmental organisation, particularly in ASEAN Plus Three, is preferable;
- Good knowledge in rice policy, trade, production, consumption and stock management in Asia, particularly ASEAN Plus Three countries;
- Understand the rice trading market and trend in ASEAN Plus Three countries.
Tenure of Office
Fixed-term contract for three (3) years starting from 11 May 2022 to 10 May 2025.
Remuneration and Benefits
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of USD 72,000 per annum and other benefits including medical care.
How to Apply
Apply for this position with a completed Application Form enclosed a Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume, true copies of educational certificates, two recommendation letters, a recent photograph, and a separated sheet of paper highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the post. Send the Application Form and all requirements via an email of email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 26 October 2021.
Please indicate the subject heading as Application for General Manager of the APTERR Secretariat.
Incomplete applications shall not be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further recruitment process.
The Application Form can be downloaded as the attachment of this announcement.
The APTERR was established under the APTERR Agreement signed at the 11th ASEAN Plus Three Ministers on Agriculture and Forestry (AMAF Plus Three) Meeting on 7 October 2011 to ensure long-term food security with strengthening people’s livelihoods in the region. The APTERR Secretariat, as the crucial role, performs its functions and responsibilities to fulfil the desired goals of APTERR.
The APTERR is governed by the APTERR Council comprising a representative from each member country, whereas the APTERR Secretariat is headed by the General Manager (GM) appointed by the APTERR Council to provide overall direction for the APTERR Secretariat in conformity with the APTERR Agreement and the APTERR Council’s resolution.
The Secretariat office officially launched in 2013 is located in Bangkok, Thailand.